Communication and Digital Media Coordinator
1420 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce, FL 34949
This is a full-time, grant funded position
COSEE Florida is currently seeking an enthusiastic, innovative communication and digital media
corodiantor to oversee the Center's web and social media presence and digital media production
efforts. This position will invovle oversight of the development and production of short videos
highlighting ocean scientists' research, as well as the day-to-day operations of the COSEE
Florida website and social media, including the development of new content and promotional
and marketing materials for the Center's programs and events. The successful candidate will
also participate in the development of a video storytelling workshop for scientists. Other duties
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree;
• Video recording, editing, and production skills (examples of products required);
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written (examples of products
• Experience with developing content for a variety of audiences across multiple digital
platforms, including websites, blogs, and social media;
• Experience with website development and maintenance using a content management
system (e.g. – Weebly, Joomla, etc);
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a collaborative team;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Documented experience using web-based and social media platforms to market and
promote programs and events;
• A good sense of humor.
• Primary oversight of the Center's program to assist scientists with designing and
producing short videos highlighting their research;
• Management of day- to-day operations of the COSEE Florida website and social media
sites (i.e., Facebook and Twitter);
• Development of press releases, articles, web content, and promotional materials
highlighting the Center's programs and activities;
• Coordination of changes to the website design and layout with website host (IRSC);
• Assisting with the development and implementation of the video storytelling workshop;
• Preparation of periodic status reports for COSEE Florida Leadership Team.
Position requires a valid driver's license.
Copies of transcripts of all collegiate work must be sent to ORCA prior to interview.
Qualified applicants should contact Halley Rohm firstname.lastname@example.org.